Business Unit Leader
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. The primary role of the Business Unit Leader is to lead a value stream in daily cross-functional manufacturing operations and continuous improvements, coordinating between shifts in the value stream to ensure goals are met and customers are satisfied in a safe and cost-effective manner. The individual will be responsible for meeting timelines, finding solutions to problems, managing expectations, and delivering to those expectations. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing.
· Lives the Company values of Safety, Teamwork and Trust and delivers results in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
· Works as a leader and change agent to drive out waste in the manufacturing operation
· Drives a continuous improvement culture by involving associates in problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing them
· Leads the day-to-day production activities across a 24 hour period within the value stream to ensure that commitments are achieved while improvements are made
· Manages six production supervisors and 85 production employees.
· Tracks and reports daily performance. Verifies team lead counter measures and recovery plans are in place for missed targets. Ensures process center communication boards are being used on a daily basis
· Liaises with subject matter experts and leaders to implement changes regarding production capability, tooling, machine replacement and staffing to support production plans and cost-effective procedures, systems, tooling, equipment, etc., to continually improve manufacturing productivity
· Participates, monitors and maintains adherence to established cost targets (e.g. labor, overtime)
· Develops open lines of communication to monitor employee attitudes and concerns, and implements appropriate actions with input from HR
· Oversees requisitioning, placing, training, directing, appraising, promoting, disciplining, or other actions relating to the manufacturing operations employees assigned to the Business Unit
· Ensures the proper application of employee policies, wage and salary administration policies
· Assists with developing and implementing continuous improvement plans
· Provides coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to team leaders and associates to promote the growth and development of the value stream team
· Supports new process and product development and implementation
· Assures a clean and safe working environment for all employees, maintaining 5S standards and emphasizing prevention of potential hazardous conditions. Addresses unsafe acts and unsafe conditions
· Manages associate objectives, quarterly performance reviews, training needs and development plans
· Liaises with cross-functional leadership team to prioritize work activities and optimize efficiency
· Work in accordance with Quality Systems to meet customer requirements and specifications
· Collaborate and influence both internally and externally
Preferred education, experience and characteristics:
· Five to eight years of experience including direct supervisory experience. This is a Manager level position.
· Bachelor's degree, preference given to Engineering, Business or Food Technology
· Ability to apply engineering principles and statistics to solve problems and make data-based decisions
· Integrity and loyalty, respects process integrity and values results
· Critical thinker with strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
· Desire to challenge the status quo in order to discover new approaches
· Participative management style-advocates team concept
· Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and lead across disciplines
· Ability to establish credibility and be decisive
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. The Facilities Technician is a full-time position that is responsible for preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. Facilities Technicians troubleshoot issues, repair failures of plant facilities equipment, and ensures maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness and reliability. This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of facilities preventative and unscheduled maintenance duties in the areas of general building maintenance, plumbing, welding, mechanical and HVAC systems, exhaust, open and closed loop cooling systems and fire protection systems, steam and condensate system, and compressed air system. Mechanic's hours of work vary by assigned task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Repairing, and troubleshooting plant facilities systems.
· Utilizes Lock-Out / Tag-Out, as well as any and all plant safety practices.
· Provides direct support to production, sanitation and quality systems related to ensuring company policies and procedures.
· Maintains, operates and repairs the facility's structure, equipment and grounds, including plumbing, HVAC, steam boiler and condensate recovery, and compressed air system.
· Performs work, such as carpentry or painting in the construction, repair or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs or office fixtures.
· Works with Manufacturing, Engineering, Electricians, & Maintenance in the installation or repair of building & facilities systems.
· Makes periodic or special inspections of the premise to determine repair work necessary.
· Works from blueprints, drawings or rough sketches. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
· Manage contractors on site to assure compliance with safety, security, cleanliness, and GMP policies and to assure good working relationship.
· May be required to work nights.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Excellent troubleshooting experience including mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics.
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Good math and analytical skills.
· Must be able to read and follow blueprints, drawings, and schematics Must provide own tools
· Experience in a CMMS environment. Will generate work requests based on findings during daily rounds.
· Associates Degree or equivalent from two year College or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
· Able to safely move around in production area (around production line equipment) and be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to 50 pounds
· While performing duties of this job, employee is required to stand, use hands, handle, and reach with hands and arms.
· Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and is frequently required to walk and climb or balance.
Food Safety and Quality Manager
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading the facility in the quality assurance, quality control and food safety areas throughout the supply chain including shaping Bridgetown's quality and food safety culture. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory, customer and 3rd party audit requirements; overseeing the quality control laboratory and quality control team; implementing and improving quality management programs and procedures; watching over the day-to-day facility operations to ensure adherence to all quality and regulatory standards; assuring compliance of materials, products and services with agreed to specifications; developing, driving and continuously improving food safety and quality systems; and developing, implementing, driving and delivering superior execution of business and customer expectations. The position reports to the Director of Food Safety and Quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate, customer and 3rd party audit requirements.
· Ensure that all products meet all specifications and requirements.
· Ensure that all employees are properly trained in quality-related procedures by developing and/or presenting training materials.
· Participate in the establishment of quality specifications and standards for finished products.
· Team internal departments to proactively respond to customer complaints and inquiries.
· Implement solutions to quality problems through inspections, CAPA investigations, and audits.
· Audit and update all SQF and HACCP plans and documentation
· Serve as key statistical resource and verify product and process improvement through implementation and analysis
· Manage ongoing development, implementation and improvement of the Quality Management System.
· Encourage project/process designs that simplify compliance with quality requirements.
· Conduct or direct internal food safety/GMP audits.
· Develop and maintain documentation to comply with record keeping requirements.
· Assess product quality risk as needed in determination of final product disposition.
· Perform other duties as needed for the successful operation of the facility.
· A driver for continuous improvement in the facility.
Production Supervisor - Leadership Development Program
The Production Supervisor will participate in our 12 month program in production leadership. This program can lead to a leadership position in Production, HR, Supply Chain, R & D, or Engineering. Past participants have continued in production or moved into process engineering.
The Production Supervisor provides strong leadership to the production crew to achieve: production schedule attainment, finished product acceptability, safe operations, and to maximize utilization of raw material and equipment assets on assigned shift. Directs and supports all processing and packaging, quality, and maintenance personnel associated with designated line.
This position reports to the Business Unit Leader. This position works closely with other Team Leaders and Quality Engineers. The Production Supervisor (Team Leader) works with the Business Unit Leader in the execution of weekly production schedules, achievement of goals and objectives. Other areas of responsibility include plant appearance, utilization of equipment, systems, and facility assets.
· Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Assesses and develops operators for career growth through gap analysis metrics, workforce planning and execution.
· Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
· Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
· Ensures that operators properly and timely complete all shift documentation.
· Fills out and turns in daily Leader Standard Work documentation.
· Works with and populates information in Red Zone, an OEE tool used to measure line efficiency.
· Responsible for progressive discipline up to final written warning.
· Involved in the interview and selection process of key operators.
· Responsible for final equipment setup of production line.
· Facilitate training and skills validation with production operators and support roles on equipment, tools, processes, procedures, etc.
· Ensures operators are operating machinery at rated rate of production and deliver assigned work orders.
· Communicates with Quality Techs and Engineers, and/or Business Unit Leader regarding any out of specification or questionable product and places on HOLD.
· Finished Goods acceptability that meets or exceeds customer and regulatory requirements
· Ensure that change codes printed on containers to reflect proper identification of product being processed.
· Perform sanitation inspection of workstation prior to startup, changeover or shift relief and correct any deficiencies. Assist with clean up and product change over.
· Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP's) are adhered to.
· Operate production equipment on fill-in or emergency basis.
· Team orientation, which includes the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
· Model a "Safety and Quality First" culture.
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The incumbent must be able to work effectively in a team based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and make decisions under pressure. Weekend work may be mandatory with rotating responsibilities for assisting with plant preventative and work order based maintenance activities. Incumbent must be available to work on any shift as required
A four year degree is preferred. Three to five years of experience in direct employee supervision is required. This position requires sound leadership ability, and good communication and administrative skills. Personal computer skills including MS Word and Excel are required. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, have a working knowledge of business math and English, must have adequate communication skills for interfacing with production employees, maintenance staff, etc., must be able to safely move around in the production area (under and around production line equipment), must be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to 70 pounds using direct manual lift and assisted lift with machinery up to 4,000 pounds. Food plant operations, team based supervision, and human/labor relations experience would be preferred.
Bridgetown Natural Foods, a leading producer of high quality natural and organic granola products, seeks an experienced, skilled and motivated maintenance mechanic to join our dynamic maintenance team. Under the leadership of our Business Unit Leader and Sr. Maintenance Manager, you and the other Mechanics will be responsible for helping the production staff by both keeping the equipment running at optimum efficiency and responding to and repairing "line down" issues immediately.
Maintenance mechanics report directly to the Business Unit Leader and also work closely with Maintenance Supervisors and the Quality Assurance Department. Key goals include maintaining mechanical reliability to achieve production schedule attainment, finished product acceptability, safe plant operations, and facility food safety and security.
· Diagnosing and repairing equipment failures typically under "line down" pressure.
· Performing scheduled and regular preventative maintenance as needed.
· Installation and setup of new and used equipment.
· Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
· Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, to assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment, using hand and power tools.
· Fabrication, such as cutting, layout, welding, fitting, machining for the purpose of upgrading/customizing and repair of production equipment.
· Follow work assignments as specified and detailed on work orders or from the direction of the team lead as well as documentation of said work.
· Requisitioning of necessary parts and materials for repairs within appropriate timeframes.
· Compliance with OSHA and other government regulations in regards to equipment safety and machine safeguarding.
· Provide reliable and accurate information to maintenance supervisor to ensure line efficiency and communication.
· Comply and adhere to company policies, procedures (SOP's), GMP guidelines, and safety protocol.
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The team member we are looking for must be able to work effectively in a fast paced team based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and make decisions under pressure. Weekend and holiday work will be mandatory when needed with rotating responsibilities for assisting with emergency repairs, preventative maintenance and work order-based maintenance activities. Previous food industry experience is a plus. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, lift up to 70 pounds and supply your own tools. The maintenance line mechanic is expected to work under high pressure at times in a 24 x7 plant operation. Ability to work any shift on any day of the week including holidays is required.
This position requires a minimum of 8 years industrial maintenance experience, excellent attention to details, a strong work ethic, must be self motivated, disciplined and reliable. The successful candidate must have the ability to work well under pressure have good communication skills. Food plant operations, and self directed work team experience is preferred. LME or other journeymen qualification in pneumatics and industrial mechanical maintenance will be given special consideration for employment.