Warehouse Production Line Support
The Warehouse Production Line Support serves as a major contributor to our ability to serve production's material needs. The Line Support will ensure that we know what we have on the production floor, what is being ordered by production and ensuring the raw materials arrive to the production line in a timely manner. By providing accurate accounting for our warehouse products and ingredients, the Line Support will significantly aid in the productivity within Bridgetown Bakery and Bridgetown Natural Foods.
· Staging of raw materials to the production line.
· Back Staging of raw materials to the warehouse.
· Accurate reconciliation of materials taken to/from the production line.
· Warehousing (storing) the items received.
· Cleaning of the warehouse.
· Ensure accurate, complete and on-time paperwork.
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
· Completion of accurate monthly inventory counts.
· Receiving ingredients, offloading of trucks.
· Ensure clear organization and labeling of items
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to regularly lift and manipulate bags, boxes, and buckets up to and including 60 pounds.
· Ability to be certified on a forklift and standup.
· Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
· Legible handwriting.
· Basic math skills - calculators are available.
· Proficient in MS Excel.
· Have strong organizational skills.
· Ability to solve problems; understanding of the "big picture".
· Ability to work independently.
· High attention to detail.
· A desire to improve the system.
· Ability to work weekends and off-shifts as needed.
· Warehouse skills/experience is a plus.
· Must have a GED and be able to pass a 10 yr criminal background check and drug test.
Senior Executive Assistant
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. Bridgetown Natural Foods is seeking a dynamic Senior Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer. The incumbent will possess top-notch administrative skills with a high level of attention to detail and will be able to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative. The ideal candidate will be able to proactively anticipate the needs of the CEO and will demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence. Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the passion to adapt and define and alter his/her role as needed within the organization.
· Supporting the CEO in planning, directing, managing and coordinating day-to-day business activities
· Role model excellence in customer service for all Bridgetown customers on and off-site
· Vet inbound requests for CEO's time including calendar requests and meetings
· Provide personal assistance to the CEO on personal matters
· Optimize travel schedules and planning, including non-business travel
· Enable remote decision making by the CEO
· Organize, attend and participate in meetings and calls with customers and internal team
· Keep projects on track and manage stakeholders
· Arrange, coordinate and attend corporate functions and on and off site meetings
· Prepare meeting materials including drafting agendas and reviewing correspondence
· Respond to emails, answer questions and meeting requests and maintain calendar
· Assist in creating and editing presentations
· Facilitate accessibility and ensure clear, open lines of communication with staff and customers
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS
· 10+ years of experience supporting executive level management
· Formal education (BS/BA) is desired
· Basic financial literacy
· Requires advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Passion for self-improvement and skills development - learning attitude
· Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) in a professional manner at all levels of the organization and to external contacts
· High integrity. Must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information.
· Excellent work ethic. May be required to work nights and weekends
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· High energy. Ability to manage multiple priorities, exercise discretion and show initiative
Bridgetown Natural Foods, a B Corporation established in Portland, Oregon in March 2010, is a manufacturing partner for leading all-natural, organic and gluten-free snack brands dedicated to producing sustainable, innovative and healthy products.
Bridgetown's mission is to increase the availability of natural, wholesome foods through operational excellence. The company lives its mission by investing in its people, in innovation that meets or exceeds the demands of a fast-growth marketplace, and in performance - both as a responsible employer and a trusted manufacturing partner.
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork
The Payroll Specialist is a member of the Finance team who will ensure accurate processing and recording of company's payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform daily payroll department operations
· Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
· Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
· Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
· Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
· Execute ADP time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
· Perform compliances for unclaimed property payroll checks
· Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
· Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
· Update and reconcile monthly bank statements from ADP
· Research and email appropriate audience of file issues
· College degree required
· CPP preferred but not required.
· 4-6 years experience processing payroll.
· Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
· Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
· Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel .
· Working knowledge of e-Time and Kronos, ADP PCPW, Payforce, or Query.
· Strong Customer Service Skills.
· Strong work ethic and team player.
· High degree of professionalism.
· Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
· Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
· Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
· Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
· Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
Production Supervisor (Team Leader)
The Production Supervisor (Team Leader) provides strong leadership to the production crew to achieve: production schedule attainment, finished product acceptability, safe operations, and to maximize utilization of raw material and equipment assets on assigned shift. Directs and supports all processing and packaging, quality, and maintenance personnel associated with designated line.
This position reports to the Business Unit Leader. This position works closely with other Team Leaders and Quality Engineers. The Production Supervisor (Team Leader) works with the Business Unit Leader in the execution of weekly production schedules, achievement of goals and objectives. Other areas of responsibility include plant appearance, utilization of equipment, systems, and facility assets.
This position works 12 hours shifts on a rotation schedule of 3 days on/4 days off one week; 4 days on 3 days off the next week. The days worked or not worked are not consecutive.
· Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Assesses and develops operators for career growth through gap analysis metrics, workforce planning and execution.
· Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
· Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
· Ensures that operators properly and timely complete all shift documentation.
· Fills out and turns in daily Leader Standard Work documentation.
· Works with and populates information in Red Zone, an OEE tool used to measure line efficiency.
· Responsible for progressive discipline up to final written warning.
· Involved in the interview and selection process of key operators.
· Responsible for final equipment setup of production line.
· Facilitate training and skills validation with production operators and support roles on equipment, tools, processes, procedures, etc.
· Ensures operators are operating machinery at rated rate of production and deliver assigned work orders.
· Communicates with Quality Techs and Engineers, and/or Business Unit Leader regarding any out of specification or questionable product and places on HOLD.
· Finished Goods acceptability that meets or exceeds customer and regulatory requirements
· Ensure that change codes printed on containers to reflect proper identification of product being processed.
· Perform sanitation inspection of workstation prior to startup, changeover or shift relief and correct any deficiencies. Assist with clean up and product change over.
· Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP's) are adhered to.
· Operate production equipment on fill-in or emergency basis.
· Team orientation, which includes the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
· Model a "Safety and Quality First" culture.
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The incumbent must be able to work effectively in a team based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and make decisions under pressure. Weekend work may be mandatory with rotating responsibilities for assisting with plant preventative and work order based maintenance activities. Incumbent must be available to work on any shift as required
A four year degree is preferred. Three to five years of experience in direct employee supervision is required. This position requires sound leadership ability, and good communication and administrative skills. Personal computer skills including MS Word and Excel are required. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, have a working knowledge of business math and English, must have adequate communication skills for interfacing with production employees, maintenance staff, etc., must be able to safely move around in the production area (under and around production line equipment), must be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to 70 pounds using direct manual lift and assisted lift with machinery up to 4,000 pounds. Must to work and stand for a 12 hour shift. Food plant operations, team based supervision, and human/labor relations experience would be preferred.
Quality and Food Safety Technician
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. We are looking for team-oriented, positive front line technical leaders in the role of Quality Technician to join our growing and dynamic team. Innovation and Advanced Manufacturing are at the core of Bridgetown's culture. The Quality Technician needs to have the technical background to support innovation, commercialization of new products and to excel in a lean, operationally excellent culture.
The Quality Technicians collect data and utilize tools to drive continuous improvement and process control. The Quality Technicians are front line business leaders. This position reports to the Business Unit Quality Engineer. This position has a path to Quality, Production or R&D on a rotational and merit basis. The Quality Technician will learn the principles of lean manufacturing and the value proposition to the specific Quality and Food Safety function.
The pay for this position starts at $14.00/hour. This position is a night shift. There is a shift differential of 75 cents applied to the base pay for the night shift position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide leadership on ensuring facility is kept safe, clean and well organized
· Provide leadership and training on Quality and Food Safety initiatives and fundamentals
· Review and train on relevant SOPs /SSOPs for food safety, HACCP, GMPs, et al
· Train on SQF code and program requirements (learn SQF code if not already experienced)
· Initiate food safety and quality hold procedures including communication and record keeping
· Conduct plant food safety and security audits; continually look for food safety hazards
· Measure and monitor environmental and plant conditions, including pre-operational startup
· Collect and analyze sample data to ensure product conformance and process control
· Perform quality tests (Moisture, Color, Bar Weights, Width, Thickness, Length) on product
· Perform quality tests (Package Weights, Pouch Temperature, Fines, Package Integrity (Seal Check)) on product
· Verify series and codes on pouches, cartons and cases are correct
· Complete verification form for packaging materials and codes
· Direct observation for HACCP records for CCP monitoring of the metal detector
· Complete HACCP CCP paperwork on the required frequency
· Monitor checkweigher and bar code scanners
· Participate in sensory panels as scheduled
· Take responsibility for implementation of corrective and preventative actions as assigned
· Enforce plant certification and regulatory requirements (FDA/ODA, Kosher, Organic, Gluten Free)
· Review analytical analyses on incoming ingredients and finished products (CoAs)
· Develop content and signage to support Q&FS initiatives
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· A minimum of two year degree with 2+ years of relevant experience in Food, Beverage or Pharmaceutical (Bachelor's degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred)
· Ability to be flexible with work hours and shifting priorities. Must be able to work any assigned shift.
· Ability to apply technical principles to solve problems and make data-based decisions
· Integrity and loyalty with a bias for action, delivers results
· Demonstrate a positive attitude, strong work ethic, decisive nature and a high level of initiative
· Respects process integrity and values results - critical thinker with strong analytical and reasoning abilities
· Desire to challenge the status quo in order to discover new approaches
· Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and lead across disciplines
· Establish credibility - excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· Attention to detail and belief in high standards of presentation
Senior Reliability Engineer
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. The role of the Senior Reliability Engineer requires a balance of leadership and technical experience. The Senior Reliability Engineer will support a business operating out of one site with 300 people, five production lines, and $100 million in annual revenue. The individual will be responsible for meeting timelines, problem solving, setting expectations, and delivering to those expectations. Additionally, the Engineer is expected to be a cross functional team player and to serve as a mentor to entry level engineers, maintenance and production technicians.
· Enable placement of responsibility for routine maintenance in the hands of operators
· Train engineers and technicians for proactive and preventative maintenance
· Train engineers and technicians to centerline equipment
· Lead focused teams to proactively achieve incremental improvements in operations
· Prioritize and reduce losses through data-based root cause analysis - teach others RCA methods
· Role model a safe, process-focused culture of continuous improvement
· Develop and maintain an active, external network of expertise to support rapid problem solving
DIRECT TECHNICAL AND SYSTEMS RESPONSIBILITY:
· Develop simple roadmap for TPM implementation
· Ensure and maintain safety and food safety of systems. Participate in audits.
· Schedule maintenance tasks based on predicted and/or measured failure rates
· Utilize OEE data from ME system to track efficiency and equipment performance
· Design error detection and prevention into production processes
· Apply root cause analysis to eliminate recurring sources of quality defects
· Apply knowledge to design and installation specifications for new equipment prior to install
· Analyze and resolve PLC and system automation issues or utilize network expertise
· Conduct baseline studies of all existing machines. Draft equipment specific TPM check lists.
· Develop and monitor parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
· Conduct tool box meetings and trainings for manufacturing engineers and technicians
· Develop leader standard work to audit training and procedures for engineers and technicians
· Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
· Communicate parts and service procurement to MRO team. Evaluate parts substitution.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS:
· BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
· TPM implementation and leadership experience. Must understand concepts and application.
· Knowledge of PLC's and motions controls automation experience
· Direct experience with process flow, high speed automated production systems
· Food production experience preferred, but not required
· Fifteen (15) years professional engineering experience
· Integrity and loyalty, respects process integrity and values results
· Critical thinker with strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
· Desire to logically challenge the status quo in order to discover new approaches
· Positive attitude, participative management style-advocates team concept
· Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and lead across disciplines
· Ability to establish credibility, influence others and be decisive
Bridgetown Natural Foods, a leading producer of high quality natural and organic granola products, seeks an experienced, skilled and motivated maintenance mechanic to join our dynamic maintenance team. Under the leadership of our Business Unit Leader and Sr. Maintenance Manager, you and the other Mechanics will be responsible for helping the production staff by both keeping the equipment running at optimum efficiency and responding to and repairing "line down" issues immediately.
Maintenance mechanics report directly to the Business Unit Leader and also work closely with Maintenance Supervisors and the Quality Assurance Department. Key goals include maintaining mechanical reliability to achieve production schedule attainment, finished product acceptability, safe plant operations, and facility food safety and security.
· Diagnosing and repairing equipment failures typically under "line down" pressure.
· Performing scheduled and regular preventative maintenance as needed.
· Installation and setup of new and used equipment.
· Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
· Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, to assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment, using hand and power tools.
· Fabrication, such as cutting, layout, welding, fitting, machining for the purpose of upgrading/customizing and repair of production equipment.
· Follow work assignments as specified and detailed on work orders or from the direction of the team lead as well as documentation of said work.
· Requisitioning of necessary parts and materials for repairs within appropriate timeframes.
· Compliance with OSHA and other government regulations in regards to equipment safety and machine safeguarding.
· Provide reliable and accurate information to maintenance supervisor to ensure line efficiency and communication.
· Comply and adhere to company policies, procedures (SOP's), GMP guidelines, and safety protocol.
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The team member we are looking for must be able to work effectively in a fast paced team based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and make decisions under pressure. Weekend and holiday work will be mandatory when needed with rotating responsibilities for assisting with emergency repairs, preventative maintenance and work order-based maintenance activities. Previous food industry experience is a plus. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, lift up to 70 pounds and supply your own tools. The maintenance line mechanic is expected to work under high pressure at times in a 24 x7 plant operation. Ability to work any shift on any day of the week including holidays is required.
This position requires a minimum of 8 years industrial maintenance experience, excellent attention to details, a strong work ethic, must be self motivated, disciplined and reliable. The successful candidate must have the ability to work well under pressure have good communication skills. Food plant operations, and self directed work team experience is preferred. LME or other journeymen qualification in pneumatics and industrial mechanical maintenance will be given special consideration for employment.
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. The Material Planner is responsible for all raw materials brought into the facility. The Material Planner must communicate effectively and build a professional relationship with internal/external customers and strive to exceed their expectations. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are crucial for this position. The Material Planner should have good computer skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, interpersonal skills and interpretation skills.
The Material Planner is responsible for managing the material/ingredient inventory to ensure supply to support the production schedule. The Planner is the key liaison between Bridgetown and our material vendors; is responsible for communicating material requirements weekly and resolving any supply/demand imbalances with the Supplier. The Planner will work closely with Procurement to drive performance improvements for our suppliers and resolve any Supplier non-conformance to agreed terms.
PRIMARY GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The primary role of the material planner is to plan, monitor and procure the materials and products needed to meet the needs of production
· Creating and releasing purchase orders within establish guidelines to support the production plan.
· Determine availabilities requirement and adjust/re-adjust in accordance to production planning progress.
· Maintaining and tracking raw materials and packaging inventory to ensure production can meet the scheduling requirements.
· Daily communication with other departments informing them of any potential ingredient shortages that could affect the production schedule or personnel.
· Follows up with suppliers on open orders, past due deliveries and receiving issues.
· Tracks purchase orders to maintain on time deliveries
· Monitor and analyze supplier performance via performance scorecard
· Manages, arranges and tracks all logistics for inbound materials
· Perform other duties as required
· BA/BS with 5+ years of related experience
· 5+ years' experience in a complex production environment
· The ability to perform material planning activities without an ERP/MRO system.
· Strong preference of experience in food, beverage or consumer packaged goods.
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience participating in lean manufacturing events and managing lean projects (preferred).
· The ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution.
· Proficiency in MS office.