The Project Engineer will be a member of the Engineering Team, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Capital Projects and Facilities Engineering. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a team based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and make decisions under pressure.
· Developing concept, scope, design, and schedule for capital projects. Develop cost estimates and manage project costs within approved budgets. Research and select the best equipment and processes to achieve project and company goals.
· Manage execution for large and small projects providing periodic updates to all stakeholders, project commissioning and start up, project closing, and assure the proper identification and/or disposition of all capital assets at the end of each project.
· Collaborate with members throughout the organization by getting them involved in the scoping, execution, and startup of projects and assuring satisfaction with the final results.
· Work with vendors and manage contractors and/or construction managers to assure all project work is performed safely with excellent quality
· Provide advice and technical direction as a support member for other teams and members on an as needed basis.
· Provided both continuous improvement and creative "breakthrough" ideas to meet the Company's goals for product superiority and productivity.
· Work closely with internal customers (e.g. Operations, R&D, Quality, Warehouse, Maintenance, etc.) to solve business challenges.
· Develop and mentor other team members throughout the organization on engineering principles and new technologies.
· Develop and execute project plans and timelines to meet deadlines and complete installations on time and within budget with no unplanned operational disruption
· Maintains safe and clean working environment for all employees and contractors by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations. Assure all projects maintain or improve ongoing employee safety.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required. 2 or more years of engineering or project management work experience is preferred. Knowledge and ability to synthesize new and emerging technologies into manageable and practical applications. Strong communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and listening). Knowledge and ability to understand, design and manage utility systems. Candidate must be self-driven and have the ability to collaborate and work closely with cross functional teams. Demonstrated ability to prepare and give presentations to senior leaders. The ability to effectively use Excel, Word, and AutoCAD required.
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. The Facilities Technician is a full-time position that is responsible for preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. Facilities Technicians troubleshoot issues, repair failures of plant facilities equipment, and ensures maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness and reliability. This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of facilities preventative and unscheduled maintenance duties in the areas of general building maintenance, plumbing, welding, mechanical and HVAC systems, exhaust, open and closed loop cooling systems and fire protection systems, steam and condensate system, and compressed air system. Mechanic's hours of work vary by assigned task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Repairing, and troubleshooting plant facilities systems.
· Utilizes Lock-Out / Tag-Out, as well as any and all plant safety practices.
· Provides direct support to production, sanitation and quality systems related to ensuring company policies and procedures.
· Maintains, operates and repairs the facility's structure, equipment and grounds, including plumbing, HVAC, steam boiler and condensate recovery, and compressed air system.
· Performs work, such as carpentry or painting in the construction, repair or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs or office fixtures.
· Works with Manufacturing, Engineering, Electricians, & Maintenance in the installation or repair of building & facilities systems.
· Makes periodic or special inspections of the premise to determine repair work necessary.
· Works from blueprints, drawings or rough sketches. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
· Manage contractors on site to assure compliance with safety, security, cleanliness, and GMP policies and to assure good working relationship.
· May be required to work nights.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Excellent troubleshooting experience including mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics.
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Good math and analytical skills.
· Must be able to read and follow blueprints, drawings, and schematics Must provide own tools
· Experience in a CMMS environment. Will generate work requests based on findings during daily rounds.
· Associates Degree or equivalent from two year College or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
· Able to safely move around in production area (around production line equipment) and be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to 50 pounds
· While performing duties of this job, employee is required to stand, use hands, handle, and reach with hands and arms.
· Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and is frequently required to walk and climb or balance.
Food Safety and Quality Manager
At Bridgetown we value safety, trust and teamwork. The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading the facility in the quality assurance, quality control and food safety areas throughout the supply chain including shaping Bridgetown's quality and food safety culture. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory, customer and 3rd party audit requirements; overseeing the quality control laboratory and quality control team; implementing and improving quality management programs and procedures; watching over the day-to-day facility operations to ensure adherence to all quality and regulatory standards; assuring compliance of materials, products and services with agreed to specifications; developing, driving and continuously improving food safety and quality systems; and developing, implementing, driving and delivering superior execution of business and customer expectations. The position reports to the Director of Food Safety and Quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate, customer and 3rd party audit requirements.
· Ensure that all products meet all specifications and requirements.
· Ensure that all employees are properly trained in quality-related procedures by developing and/or presenting training materials.
· Participate in the establishment of quality specifications and standards for finished products.
· Team internal departments to proactively respond to customer complaints and inquiries.
· Implement solutions to quality problems through inspections, CAPA investigations, and audits.
· Audit and update all SQF and HACCP plans and documentation
· Serve as key statistical resource and verify product and process improvement through implementation and analysis
· Manage ongoing development, implementation and improvement of the Quality Management System.
· Encourage project/process designs that simplify compliance with quality requirements.
· Conduct or direct internal food safety/GMP audits.
· Develop and maintain documentation to comply with record keeping requirements.
· Assess product quality risk as needed in determination of final product disposition.
· Perform other duties as needed for the successful operation of the facility.
· A driver for continuous improvement in the facility.
Production Supervisor - Leadership Development Program
The Production Supervisor will participate in our 12 month program in production leadership. This program can lead to a leadership position in Production, HR, Supply Chain, R & D, or Engineering. Past participants have continued in production or moved into process engineering.
The Production Supervisor provides strong leadership to the production crew to achieve: production schedule attainment, finished product acceptability, safe operations, and to maximize utilization of raw material and equipment assets on assigned shift. Directs and supports all processing and packaging, quality, and maintenance personnel associated with designated line.
This position reports to the Business Unit Leader. This position works closely with other Team Leaders and Quality Engineers. The Production Supervisor (Team Leader) works with the Business Unit Leader in the execution of weekly production schedules, achievement of goals and objectives. Other areas of responsibility include plant appearance, utilization of equipment, systems, and facility assets.
· Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Assesses and develops operators for career growth through gap analysis metrics, workforce planning and execution.
· Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
· Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
· Ensures that operators properly and timely complete all shift documentation.
· Fills out and turns in daily Leader Standard Work documentation.
· Works with and populates information in Red Zone, an OEE tool used to measure line efficiency.
· Responsible for progressive discipline up to final written warning.
· Involved in the interview and selection process of key operators.
· Responsible for final equipment setup of production line.
· Facilitate training and skills validation with production operators and support roles on equipment, tools, processes, procedures, etc.
· Ensures operators are operating machinery at rated rate of production and deliver assigned work orders.
· Communicates with Quality Techs and Engineers, and/or Business Unit Leader regarding any out of specification or questionable product and places on HOLD.
· Finished Goods acceptability that meets or exceeds customer and regulatory requirements
· Ensure that change codes printed on containers to reflect proper identification of product being processed.
· Perform sanitation inspection of workstation prior to startup, changeover or shift relief and correct any deficiencies. Assist with clean up and product change over.
· Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP's) are adhered to.
· Operate production equipment on fill-in or emergency basis.
· Team orientation, which includes the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
· Model a "Safety and Quality First" culture.
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The incumbent must be able to work effectively in a team based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and make decisions under pressure. Weekend work may be mandatory with rotating responsibilities for assisting with plant preventative and work order based maintenance activities. Incumbent must be available to work on any shift as required
A four year degree is preferred. Three to five years of experience in direct employee supervision is required. This position requires sound leadership ability, and good communication and administrative skills. Personal computer skills including MS Word and Excel are required. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, have a working knowledge of business math and English, must have adequate communication skills for interfacing with production employees, maintenance staff, etc., must be able to safely move around in the production area (under and around production line equipment), must be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to 70 pounds using direct manual lift and assisted lift with machinery up to 4,000 pounds. Food plant operations, team based supervision, and human/labor relations experience would be preferred.
Bridgetown Natural Foods, a leading producer of high quality natural and organic granola products, seeks an experienced, skilled and motivated maintenance mechanic to join our dynamic maintenance team. Under the leadership of our Business Unit Leader and Sr. Maintenance Manager, you and the other Mechanics will be responsible for helping the production staff by both keeping the equipment running at optimum efficiency and responding to and repairing "line down" issues immediately.
Maintenance mechanics report directly to the Business Unit Leader and also work closely with Maintenance Supervisors and the Quality Assurance Department. Key goals include maintaining mechanical reliability to achieve production schedule attainment, finished product acceptability, safe plant operations, and facility food safety and security.
· Diagnosing and repairing equipment failures typically under "line down" pressure.
· Performing scheduled and regular preventative maintenance as needed.
· Installation and setup of new and used equipment.
· Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
· Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, to assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment, using hand and power tools.
· Fabrication, such as cutting, layout, welding, fitting, machining for the purpose of upgrading/customizing and repair of production equipment.
· Follow work assignments as specified and detailed on work orders or from the direction of the team lead as well as documentation of said work.
· Requisitioning of necessary parts and materials for repairs within appropriate timeframes.
· Compliance with OSHA and other government regulations in regards to equipment safety and machine safeguarding.
· Provide reliable and accurate information to maintenance supervisor to ensure line efficiency and communication.
· Comply and adhere to company policies, procedures (SOP's), GMP guidelines, and safety protocol.
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The team member we are looking for must be able to work effectively in a fast paced team based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and make decisions under pressure. Weekend and holiday work will be mandatory when needed with rotating responsibilities for assisting with emergency repairs, preventative maintenance and work order-based maintenance activities. Previous food industry experience is a plus. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, lift up to 70 pounds and supply your own tools. The maintenance line mechanic is expected to work under high pressure at times in a 24 x7 plant operation. Ability to work any shift on any day of the week including holidays is required.
This position requires a minimum of 8 years industrial maintenance experience, excellent attention to details, a strong work ethic, must be self motivated, disciplined and reliable. The successful candidate must have the ability to work well under pressure have good communication skills. Food plant operations, and self directed work team experience is preferred. LME or other journeymen qualification in pneumatics and industrial mechanical maintenance will be given special consideration for employment.