The Operations Supervisor provides strong leadership to the production crew on all lines during a shift to achieve: production schedule attainment, finished product acceptability, employee development, safe operations, and to maximize utilization of raw material and equipment assets on assigned shift.
This position reports to the Plant Director and works closely with the Operations Supervisors for other shifts, as well as employees in the Food Safety and Quality, Research and Development and Engineering and Facilities Departments. The Operations Supervisor participates in the operations, planning and execution of weekly production schedules, achievement of goals and objectives, and longer- term planning. Other areas of responsibility include plant general maintenance, preventive and predictive equipment maintenance, and production planning to maximize utilization of equipment, systems, and facility assets.
· Assure quality, production schedules and productivity are maintained on assigned shift
· Schedule employees for all production lines on shift
· Directly supervise line leads; indirectly supervise all production employees on shift
· Assure employees are well-trained and utilized efficiently throughout the shift
· Assure team utilizes proper processes
· Assure production of high quality products within required specifications
· Assure employees conduct themselves safely at all times
· Assure equipment and facilities are maintained in a safe condition during assigned shift
· Assure proper raw materials are properly utilized
· Assure equipment is properly set-up and utilized
· Assure that necessary supplies and materials are available to the shift
· Enter data into information systems as required
· Complete shift reporting & documentation for assigned shift
· Assure proper final equipment setup of production line
· Review product specifications prior to each production run and address any concerns with Quality and/or R & D
· Assure the plant is run in an efficient and effective manner utilizing GMPs to maintain a quality product manufactured in safe environment and meeting all targeted requirement.
· Perform sanitation inspection of production line prior to startup and correct any deficiencies
· Assure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) are followed
· Train and direct production employees for operation of production lines
· Monitor and make adjustments to operation of production line in consultation with R & D, Quality and Maintenance, as appropriate - including machine operation, product quality, employee performance, operating speed, etc.
· Summon and assist mechanic, as needed, with production equipment repairs and/or adjustments
· Compile all production documents at end of shift and audit for accuracy and completeness
· Provide reliable and accurate information to Finance at the end of each shift
· Assist with line cleanup and equipment changeovers between shifts
· Help evaluate production costs and productivity and implement cost reduction and productivity increase measures
· Reject and/or clean unsanitary production equipment
· Order mechanical repairs of production equipment
· Operate production equipment on fill-in or emergency basis
· Responsible for area enforcement of the Food Security Policy/Program during assigned shift
· Work professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Responsible for employee performance evaluations, discipline, and morale
· Assure compliance with Company policies and procedures
· Administers disciplinary action as required up to suspension and recommends and documents conditions that warrant termination
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned
The Operations Supervisor must be able to work effectively in a team-based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and make decisions under pressure. Weekend work may be required with rotating responsibilities for assisting with plant preventative and work order based maintenance activities. The Operations Supervisor will general work regularly assigned shift, but must be available to work on any shift as required.
This position requires sound leadership ability and good communication and administrative skills. Personal computer skills including MS Word and Excel are required. The Operations Supervisor must be detail oriented, have a working knowledge of business math and English, must have adequate communication skills for interfacing with production employees, maintenance staff, etc. This person must be able to safely move around in the production area (around production line equipment), must be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to 50 pounds using direct manual lift and assisted lift with machinery up to 2,500 pounds. Must be able to operate and change settings on the various pieces of production equipment - weight settings on scales, temperature and speed controls, and ink jet coders, and other food processing equipment as required.
Experience in food manufacturing/processing preferred, with experience in granola or snack bar production particularly helpful.
Bridgetown Natural Foods is excited to announce that we are growing and looking to expand our production team and are looking for talented high speed machine operators. We have been growing at an exponential rate for the last four years. Our goal is to produce high quality, all natural organic and gluten free food products. We are gearing up to navigate this next round of growth and are searching for the right talent to join our team.
Successful candidates who are hired on will be responsible for ensuring that our high-quality products meet our customer's expectations. We do this by having all of our employees learn about what our customer's want and making sure we track and document how their products are made each step of the way. Ideally, we are looking for people who have previous production in the food industry, have leadership skills and are familiar with mixing and high speed packaging.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Must be able to safely operate and sanitize production and production related equipment.
· Perform minor maintenance and calibration on machinery.
· Communicate effectively (written and orally) in English within a team setting.
· Must be able to work on assigned shift. Weekend and overtime work may be mandatory depending on customer demand.
· Ability to perform basic math in order to document required information.
· Ability to follow instructions closely and adhere to standard operating procedures, good manufacturing, food safety, occupational safety and company policies.
· Must have strong attention to detail.
· Set priorities and work with a team to meet production deadlines.
· Physically be able to safely move around in the production area (under and around production line equipment) and be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to seventy (70) pounds.
Again, candidates who ideally have experience with production processes and operating fast speed packaging equipment preferably in the food industry are encouraged to apply. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Sanitation Technician will be responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, utensils, floors, etc. in food manufacturing facility in accordance to Food Safety, Product Quality, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Ensure that all manufacturing equipment (such as parts, machinery, utensils, etc.) are cleaned, sanitized and handled in accordance to company standards.
· Ensure that production lines are properly cleaned by production after the product run and` cooperate with production to achieve the line cleanliness.
· Inform Quality and/or Production Supervisor when something in production area does not meet the sanitation standards or requires additional cleaning and sanitation.
· Follow the Master Sanitation schedule.
· Properly handle and use chemicals for sanitation. This involves following instructions as found on the MSDS and using required PPE.
· Keep track of inventory of chemicals and cleaning tools and inform Quality Supervisor when they are getting low.
· Be able to train new hires when the needs arise.
· Have or be willing to obtain Scissor Lift training.
· Properly use and operate floor washer.
· Properly use and operate forklift.
· Properly use and operate bailing equipment.
· Empty the trash cans regularly and let Quality Supervisor know when dumpsters need to be emptied.
· Effectively communicate with the different teams and departments in professional manner.
Must be able to safely move around in the production area (under and around production line equipment) and be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to seventy pounds.
Must be able to able to learn, understand and consistently follow sanitation procedures and methods in a safe manner. Must have a basic mechanical understanding of assembly/disassembly of equipment and machinery.
G.E.D. or high school diploma is required.
Must be flexible and available for overtime and on the weekends and be able to work different shifts.